Technically it's a no-brainer, but there may be political issues at some sites.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Lionel B Dyck <lbd...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 4:54 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SFTP and z/OS Migration

Kirk's wisdom and the doc he references are OUTSTANDING.  Co:Z SFTP is
something you absolutely need if you want to use SFTP to access z/OS datasets.

Be aware you will have to learn a few new tricks with the Co:Z SFTP server from
the client side unless you are happy with only binary transfers. And neither
FileZilla or WinSCP provide an escape value to issue the necessary commands to
switch from binary to text.

Lionel B. Dyck <sdg><
Website:
https://secure-web.cisco.com/1su7YLWql3q2JuCMbZqQtVaZfGTPi-2EGzr-2AmEck-H5XxLTMuTJSOnguJ4AyTa34QEsDvYmW9aIH8zJLvc6VBWRTRda-EGyb3EK1kVLyZ7nMqmPWOtogV2pNSILxVz_JRyM3ngUeaeYMXlJkfFPZKtpNKvd4gFKLDXG4jCu-YsTZwYJKp8ehdX_jsl1_oyRckWxK0L0o7EJpctlKbx1MxUQ4UQPAx9UIHOWdRP7ZbkHdL9LF49SOFCGliQYJ9EAYGho8yV53tgjUfSt-zC0rPxjj7ZRTKuF_6ldUvREMO2Koq368kW8WD-UMhlayr4Xrek9eMg1GwXLnXF9LpT16VMO6pJoiBzyL1uHHi6hZq97lQz5E_V3T93mvRqJEJXnnN9GMH5yYL9J-yZAcSkW5Fpkj3WGb1Uc57BB88Z44wlC_ToH2QaVUl8p5hy4ucDv/https%3A%2F%2Fwww.lbdsoftware.com

"Worry more about your character than your reputation.  Character is what you
are, reputation merely what others think you are." - John Wooden