From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Roberto Halais
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 2:14 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: SFTP and z/OS Migration

[CAUTION: This Email is from outside the Organization. Unless you trust the
sender, Don’t click links or open attachments as it may be a Phishing email,
which can steal your Information and compromise your Computer.]

Listers:

My company has decided to forego FTP and go the SFTP way.

I have installed OPENSSH and have SFTP working.

I installed using the IBM user's guide and everything installed in the default
libraries.

My concern is, when we migrate to a new z/OS release do I have to do the whole
install again?

Can I, from the beginning, install all the SSH libraries in a different
filesystem so that when I migrate I can just mount the filesystem and execute.
And later on install the new version Openssh.

Don't know if I am clear in what I am asking.

Just some tips on facilitating installing under a new release.

Thank you.

::DISCLAIMER::
________________________________
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission.
The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore
not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or
opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and
may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any
form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written
consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for
viruses and other defects.