Greetings,

My requirement is in the title here.

I want to copy data sets which have a DSNTYPE of BASIC to data sets with a
DSNTYPE of EXTREQ (i.e. extended format). However these data sets have LRECL=X
(i.e. LRECL larger than 32760).

IDCAMS REPRO will not copy LRECL=X data sets.
IEBGENER will copy LRECL=X but not if the attributes are different (as in this
case).

I need a solution which works at access method level, so no solution using
DFSMSdss is acceptable.
Anyone have any ideas?

Lennie Dymoke-Bradshaw
Consultant working on contract for BMC Mainframe Services by RSM Partners
'Dance like no one is watching. Encrypt like everyone is.'