On Mon, 24 Aug 2020 12:05:31 -0400, Steve Smith wrote:

>I'm not clear on why you all would care about shutting them down for an
>IPL.  IPL is 100% effective in removing unwanted processes.

But could they shut down in an orderly fashion?

I have long wondered that the OS doesn't throw SIGTERM to all dubbed
processes for compatibility with long-running processes (perhaps daemons)
coded to UNIX conventions.

Experts tell me, however, this would cause chaos for blind-dubbed processes.

But perhaps processes started with the POSIX attribute?

-- gil