Evidently Arvind Krishna thinks the IT Services Division (or whatever it
is) is worthless, as he didn't attempt to sell it, he's just throwing it
out.  Apparently, whatever profits it contributes aren't worth the
distraction to his "maniacal" focus on "hybrid cloud".  As the divestment
(calling it a "split" is fine as long as you realize that likely NO one in
GTS wants to "split") is going to take a year, and an estimated $1billion
in transaction costs, I say he'd better be right if he likes his job.

Personally, I don't see how it benefits anyone at all.

sas