A fair question. That's based on working with all of the top-ten
processors, most or all of whom still use NonStop.

Compaq bought Tandem, HP bought Compaq, then when HP split into HP and HPE,
the NonStop business went to HPE.

Yes, NonStop is way down from its peak. Credit card processing seems to be
one of the places where it's remained strong. But it's still serious enough
that HP/HPE (not sure which at the time) recently moved the OS from Itanium
to x86 hardware, which was surely a big effort. Of course Itanium was going
away, but my point is that if there wasn't still a real business there,
that would have been an ideal time to kill it.

There are NonStop user groups around the world still, and with the
pandemic, they're going virtual. If you're interested, check one out. Good
folks, talking about stuff every bit as arcane as what we see on this list!

An observation: it seems to me that the smaller platforms do better with
user groups. I'm guessing this is because if you have, say, a Windows
problem, there are millions of other folks with the same problem, so
Googling the problem gets you a solution. If you have a problem with
something on a less commonly used platform, a user group is a better bet,
although of course lists like this one are also great! So that builds more
of a sense of community, which lets user groups thrive. Not that there
aren't tons of Windows user groups, but from what I've seen they're run by
a couple of die-hards and most of the rest don't participate much, don't
show up for many meetings, etc. Maybe that's just my experience.