Don't believe whoever told you that about AWS.  There are real companies
building real enterprise-level applications on AWS today.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Bill Johnson
Sent: Friday, October 9, 2020 7:53 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IBM splitting into two companies

2 completely different markets. AZURE & AWS are consumer market clouds. IBM is
enterprise.

On Friday, October 9, 2020, 5:28 AM, zMan <zedgarhoo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Actually, Bill, it's pretty clear that you didn't read the report. It's at
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://kinsta.com/blog/cloud-market-share/__;!!Ebr-cpPeAnfNniQ8HSAI-g_K5b7VKg!bkn5Ica_-GSgVSVMQhoO-ZwjnqBMD632lXyTKAVvTtc_OWH8fyBG3CcIrbtSWqbpWZCJsA$
  and lists the top 5 vendors, comprising more than half the market, and then
notes that the next ten players--of whom IBM is one--"account for another 26%
of the SaaS market".
So IBM has a couple of percent; as I said, that's a joke. Not a major player.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 10:04 PM Bill Johnson <
00000047540adefe-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> Anyone who says IBM cloud is a joke isn’t well informed.
> Cloud Market Share – a Look at the Cloud Ecosystem in 2020
>

> |  |    |

> |  |
> Cloud Market Share – a Look at the Cloud Ecosystem in 2020
>
> Deep dive into the Cloud Market Share with tons of data and stats
>compared  to explain the different cloud services and identify the
>leading cloud  providers.
>  |  |

> Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
>

> On Thursday, October 8, 2020, 3:41 PM, zMan <zedgarhoo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> "IBM cloud" is a joke. When anyone talks about cloud, it's AWS, Azure,
> maybe GCP. NEVER EVER ONCE IBM.
>
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 12:24 PM Allan Staller <allan.stal...@hcl.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Classification: HCL Internal
> >
> > Don't know anything about this directly, but It actually might help
> > the "traditional" portfolio by allowing more focus.
> > The cloud portion can benefit from reduced bureaucracy, so on the
> surface,
> > this is a win-win.
> >
> > OTOH, how many cloud providers have been hacked to date. I recall
> > APPLE, AMAZON and I think one more.

attachments from your system.