On 26/10/2020 5:13 am, Charles Mills wrote:
I *think* z/OS is now shipping header files for C/C++ for many SMF records. If
not, EDCDSECT does a halfway decent job. (I know -- been there, done that, got
the T-shirt.) There is someone I think who offers SMF layouts in Java, perhaps
at no charge. Google might be your friend.

EasySMF has SMF mappings in Java, but not at no charge.

There is a lot more to it than just generating the layouts. E.g. each date and time field is available as the appropriate java.time type (up to nanosecond precision) i.e. you don't have to figure out the units. There are methods provided to extract the record sections.

Some sample reports to demonstrate the use are available on Github:
https://github.com/BlackHillSoftware/easysmf-samples

--
Andrew Rowley
Black Hill Software