From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Jesse 1 Robinson <jesse1.robin...@sce.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2020 12:23:56 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Subject: Extraneous blanks in SDSF issued command

**CAUTION EXTERNAL EMAIL**

**DO NOT open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or unexpected
emails**

We were instructed by a vendor to set a two line SLIP trap for a problem
affecting their product. My colleague used the SDSF command facility (/+) to
enter the command. Working together, we could not get it to work because
trailing blanks on the first line were passed to MVS, breaking the command.
Here's the command. (? Is a single character wildcard.)

|                       System Command Extension                        |
| ===> SL SET,A=SVCD,ID=SKIP,C=522,J=CSSW?L01,JL=(CSSW?L01,OPERTUNE,bbbb|
| ===> DB04MSTR),SDATA=(RGN,CSA,TRT),END                                |

The four blanks (bbbb) went to MVS and caused a break in the SLIP command so
that everything after 'OPERTUNE' was apparently treated as a comment. We played
with this for some time but could not get rid of the blanks. We eventually
found  a different way to enter the command, but I'd like to know if we're
missing something. Pored over online doc but could not see anything relevant.

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
Electric Dragon Team Paddler
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
323-715-0595 Mobile
626-543-6132 Office <===== NEW
robin...@sce.com<mailto:robin...@sce.com>

**CAUTION EXTERNAL EMAIL**

**DO NOT open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or unexpected
emails**

${If.App.WXP}Classification: Internal Use${If.End}
This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged.
It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive this
e-mail in error,
please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner.  If you are not the
intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information
is prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender
that the
message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer
system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.