> The lack of "insert mode" across both lines is frustrating, but I am not sure
> there is a solution to that
> apart from a wide screen panel that has a single input field.

How about a panel that has a single field across two lines? That's bog standard.

> This would only provide relief for people running wide screen 3270 modes and
> most of our users are 43x80.

I never considered 132 to be wide since the advent of the 3290. You have to
accommodate them if your users are still in the 19th century, but 43x80 sounds
so archaic.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3