On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 16:39:54 +0100, Radoslaw Skorupka wrote:

>The problem is I have never seen LBI block on DASD.
>Can I allocate such dataset using ISPF 3.2 or JCL DD ?
>Can I copy existing LBI dataset using IEBGENER or IDCAMS?
>
>It's more or less like long member names in PDSE. They exist, however I
>haven't found any.
>And I think it is not only my observation.

I thought PDSE supports long aliases but not long primary member names.
And I thought long names exist to support C++ with its quasi-Hungarian
notation for function names.

It's not linear.  Increasing BLKSIZE by a factor of ten will not yield a
tenfold performance improvement.  And increasing BUFNO by a factor
of ten will not yield a tenfold performance improvement.

Don't know about striped RAID.  I suspect there's no software support
for the desirable parallel I/O.

-- gil