From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Pierre Fichaud
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2021 4:23 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: DB/2 and CICS security [EXTERNAL]

If a security (RACF) violation occurs in a CICS region, where does the
violation get reported?
I couldn't find anything in the CICS SMF records but I'll look again.
Do they get reported in the JESMSGLG or in a CICS ?
Does a CICS exit need to be installed?
There's tons of documentation to go through.
I figured it might be faster to use this forum to get an asnwer.

I don't have a CICS system to play with at the moment.

I need the same kind of info for DB/2.
I've yet to check the SMF record layouts.

Again I don't have a DB/2 system to play with.

Thanks in advance, Pierre.

Please note:  This message originated outside your organization. Please use
caution when opening links or attachments.