From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Charles Mills
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2021 3:37 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: DB/2 and CICS security

There is a DB2 mailing list, run by IDUG. Google can find it for you.

I do not *know* the DB2 answer for certain but I believe all RACF violations
are caught internally by DB2 and reported as SQL completion codes. RACF manages
the whole security process itself -- either (the old way) totally internally or
(the new way) by interfacing with RACF, ACF2 or TSS. I believe you are not
going to get "classic" RACF violation messages for DB2 security violations.
(Nor for CICS, but I know even less about CICS.)

Charles