W dniu 19.03.2021 o 22:23, Pierre Fichaud pisze:
If a security (RACF) violation occurs in a CICS region, where does the
violation get reported?
I couldn't find anything in the CICS SMF records but I'll look again.
Do they get reported in the JESMSGLG or in a CICS ?
Does a CICS exit need to be installed?
There's tons of documentation to go through.
I figured it might be faster to use this forum to get an asnwer.

I don't have a CICS system to play with at the moment.

I need the same kind of info for DB/2.
I've yet to check the SMF record layouts.

Again I don't have a DB/2 system to play with.

It depends.
CICS resource violations *are* reported in CICS syslog, but (assuming RACF shop) it is also recorded in SMF80.
Caution: your installation can suppress logging in many ways.
Caution: your CICS setup may not enforce RACF checking of given resources.

No exit is needed.

Documentations: there are two good sources:
1. CICS RACF Security Guide - a part of CICS doco.
2. ES84 course - Implementing RACF Security for CICS. Of course it is paid. (I taught it)

DB2 is different animal.
1. DB2 access control may be internal (GRANT/REVOKE) or external (RACF).
2. CICS access to DB2 resources is not the same as user access to DB2, like in SPUFI.

Record layouts. Described in details in RACF Macros and Interfaces manual. Part of RACF doco.

It is good to ask than to stay uninformed. Especially, your question are well phrased.

HTH

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
(looking for new job)