I guess it will depend on what you are trying to accomplish

There could be many solutions besides IEBCOPY

You can use DFDSS DUMP/RESTORE function to take it as is and restore it as is

You can use TSO XMIT (but your shop may limit how many records you can off load

If it does use TSO XMIT Dataset(name here) OUTDSN(transmission dataset)  Then
use your favorite transfer Program (FTP, Fillezilla, etc) to move to new home
then receive

You might be able to use TRSMAIN Pack/Unpack - I think it handles PDS Datasets
now

There could be other vendor products that can do this as well

What problem are you trying to solve by knowing PDS vs PDSe datasets?

I rarely care any more what they are.

Lizette