To summarize:
1. Not everything can be copied between PDS and PDSE (and vice versa). Notable examples are program objects, long member names, PDSE v2 member versions, etc. 2. Despite other possible options there is no harm to read from PDSU to original PO dataset flavour and then optionally copy it to desired/other flavour. Having in mind restrictions described above.

Am I missing something?

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland