Even VBS doesn't get round split records - such as 70-1 or 74-4 for large
LPARs / CFs...

... I don't particularly recommend creating a giant record from the
reassembled set of eg 70-1 records but if you do then the triplet
SMF70RAO, SMF70RAL, SMF70RAN will point you to the Re-assembly Area. And
the fields in that area will tell you all you want to know.

If it's not RMF then I don't quite know if there even are broken records
nor what support there is for re-assembly.

Cheers, Martin

Martin Packer

WW z/OS Performance, Capacity and Architecture, IBM Technology Sales

+44-7802-245-584

email: martin_pac...@uk.ibm.com

Twitter / Facebook IDs: MartinPacker

Blog: https://mainframeperformancetopics.com

Mainframe, Performance, Topics Podcast Series (With Marna Walle):
https://anchor.fm/marna-walle

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu_65HaYgksbF6Q8SQ4oOvA