I just received information from IBM directly on the product. Currently
it's on a dark launch in the US only but once that has been sorted out it
will be made available to the rest of the world by the end of the year.

T&C's include (I was only provided an image of the T&C's and I can't post
this here since apparently the forum strips out images.  But in essence
they are

*What is it?*
Provide an affordable ZD&T for individual enterprise developers who want to
develop z/OS skills to be part of the mainframe ecosystem and support them
in their career success

*How*

Offering access to ZD&T at $120/year to vetted, advanced users for
educational purposes

*Vetting Criteria*

z/OS Practitioner badge and Master the Mainframe training complete

OR

1-3 years of sysadmin or system programmer experience [ I would imagine
most people on this mailing list would easily fall into this category :-) ]

*Targeted Segments*

z/OS students and hobbyists who want a personalised zD&T for learning
purposes and support their career success.

As an aside,  while most of my  systems programmer experience has been in
DB2, IMS and VM,  I would like to dabble in CICS or if they offer it, look
at parallel sysplex. It's not my current day job and hasn't been for many
moons so it would be great to get back into into for kicks (CICS :-) )