On 28 March 2013 20:58, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:

> I know I can call from Rexx using "standard" MVS linkage using ADDRESS
> LINKMVS or LINKPGM. (We just went over the differences here; let's not
> digress into that!) But if I am RTFM correctly, LINKMVS/PGM requires a
> separate load module or alias (or IDENTIFY and I don't think I want to go
> there for this).

FWIW, I have written a number of programs that deal with REXX that use
IDENTIFY to make additional entry points available to LINKMVS and
friends. It works well, with evidently good performance. Certainly a
function package could do this en passant as part of its
initialization.

There are also some replaceable system routines (most not available in
the "integrated with TSO/E" REXX environment, unfortunately), and
these too can be IDENTIFY'd and then found by REXX.

Tony H.