From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Binyamin Dissen [bdis...@dissensoftware.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2022 7:23 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: XEDIT assembler continuation lines

Hope that I am not doing too many newbie questions. I did a lot of VM in the
80s, including mods to CP and CMS, but either my memory isn't good or things
changed quite a bit.

Why is TRUNC set, by default,  at 71 for ASSEMBLE files? Is there some tricky
was to put in a continuation character or must I reset TRUNC?

http://secure-web.cisco.com/1wKBsCYCCG7S5XX1nePfKRiOgdCmhMBX2MrO5dumZv3Q-kRSlwqVCx9eZFF-OGZDnBMSLeW5JHo2s0MPcBR0-AFsuP2ptOJQgwh9xnpTLkw9YwUV-u3ZmFSYRhrvOpse2LS8-r_zaaZGN01fRxH057yOcUzid0RAXh6qQoqXI4Vm08v3jQD00H23cGlsElDm9jWyq_9pbgnlqJt0kIq1Rfr288bDo30G1sxhHcXwET4lJNueOGIhPNenSPDKy3bIfqaIowvGBe9beWGlkGKdZLP6Ax7fBh3DTw1w_fzoSD_NUp-_4XRixt9gXyKJFa2LQQ9ccCcCmEMDzWnbW7KpSnapmEFw7_-eJtwlQ-9Ug7Bwlt3Yw5yhdofLveCHlRQs_Q09U_A2wRiSkTmNR8Ylsxs5a_lsQqelFdyVcUewhCYDQmjIFTv6ZCyKLuQKjGWPC/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dissensoftware.com