From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Phil Smith III [li...@akphs.com]
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2022 6:55 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: AUXLIST (was XEDIT equivalent to ISPF C - OO/OO (copy overlay))

Shmuel wrote:

>Huh?  Where does "the image won't fit on a 24x80 screen" come from?

>Supporting new device capabilities does not mean that old devices are
unsupported. ISPF supports, e.g., colors, but it works on a 3277 as well as
it ever did. Had IBM done as I suggest, there would not have been a
requirement for a new geometry and ISPF would still work on an old device.

If I can put data in all 1920 characters, then that image won't fit on an
older screen where the attribute bytes take up space. (Nor will stuff line
up correctly, probably.)