I think we would all agree that the defaults for XEDIT are "not the way I would have done it." But, we should also agree that changing just about anything with XEDIT is possible, and in most cases easy using the tools provided with XEDIT.

So, let's not hang our thoughts about XEDIT based on one such setting, especially, col 72 when editing assembler.

Tony Thigpen