From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Phil Smith III
Sent: Saturday, April 9, 2022 10:32 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IBM Deceived Investors

Wayne Bickerdike wrote:

>Hmm. Sanjay Kumar did some serious jail time for fiddling the books. Steve

>Richards was sent to a dangerous max-security prison.

I'd forgotten about Richards, though when I went to refresh my memory I
found that Wikipedia seems to dispute your "max-security" assertion:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Richards_(business_executive)#Punishme
nt

In 2000, when CA bought Sterling, Sanjay came down to Virginia for a
dog-and-pony to tell us how wonderful it was all going to be. There were
about 150 people in the room; Richards was not one of them. Within a year,
two of those 150 were in federal prisons. That always struck me as (I hope!)
statistically unlikely.