zCX is part of new hardware exploitation.  IBM still sells mainframes and
needs software to exploit the great new hardware features.  The flip side
is that such software runs well only on the new hardware.  For zCX you
pretty much need to be on z15 or even z16 to start seeing the great
benefits.  zCX is groomed for 2GB page size, so you need that size system
to start seeing how well mainframe does.  It is solid technology just
immature but without containers z/OS will be dead in a decade or 2.  It's
not running Linux on z/OS that is significant, its the application workload
and like it or not, containers will be essential for some parts of
applications.  I'd like z/OS to stay in that game.