On 23/4/22 14:04, kekronbekron wrote:
If you want to run Linux you can buy a 2 socket, 128 core enterprise x86 server
with 200TB of disk for less then a single zIIP.
This is the kind of nibble I like the most.
Thank you for this example!

zCX certainly has it's uses. For production middleware such as MQ running zCX on z/OS for the concentrator makes perfect sense and will save customers money. For the kind of applications I use Linux for such as Elastic stacks, Kafka and other distributed software which are designed to be scaled out I'm skeptical if zCX is a good fit. I'm happy to be proved wrong.

- KB