Harry:
To try and squelch a bit of misinformation here since the Internet never
forgets, Funsoft was *not* spun off from IBM.  It was founded independently and
the software and hardware engineering roots were definitely not IBM.

Enzo can contact me concerning a FLEXCUB. No need if his z114 has no ESCON
channels which would be a pre-req.

A second unrelated intersection to your post relative to Columbia is a pic of
my father:  http://www.columbia.edu/cu/computinghistory/407.html
We used the same pic when my family endowed a perpetual scholarship at
armyscholarshipfoundation.org

On Sat, 28 May 2022 16:50:07 +0000, Harry Wahl <harry_w...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Enzo,
>
>You may want to see if you can get a FlexCub which, with its PC Escon card,
>will connect your z114 to a PC based platform and emulate every type of z114
>peripheral you could possibly use.
>
>Using standard Escon fiber cable, the z114 Escon connects directly to a PC
>Card that is a mainframe channel adapter. Between the card's firmware and
>specific PC programs in the one PC box you will be able to emulate all the
>peripherals you will need.
>
>http://www.funsoft.com go to FlexCub white paper.
>
>Fundamental Software, a.k.a. Funsoft, was spun off from IBM, specifically from
>their P/390 group.
>
>There are several other, similar vendors out there too.

(snippage)