Bob,

My need is for a general purpose dsname selection criteria. However, Since
you mentioned that different ESMs do that differently, I'll be happy to see
the differences. I checked several profiles with RACF, and indeed, RACF
prioritizes the prefix.

ITschak

ITschak Mugzach
*|** IronSphere Platform* *|* *Information Security Continuous Monitoring
for z/OS, x/Linux & IBM I **| z/VM coming soon  *