I've just been playing with Visual Studio Code with the Markdown All-in-One
extension.

Almost the first thing I read is that different .md viewers behave
differently--to my mind the same problem as the downside of HTML.

And I'm not convinced about significant white space (sp-sp-crlf) to get a
line break, either.

When I started with docs, it was Script/VS and GML. Hard work to learn, but
it did  what it said in the docs, consistently. And the index and TOC
almost wrote themlseves.

I'll keep playing a while longer, but I'm not seeing the advantage in
Markdown get, except that in VScode I can write markup and ctrl-shft-V to
get a preview.

Roops