As a I guy who has been involved in SMF-based "auditing of stuff" off and on
for the past ten years, I can tell you that "what programs are actually getting
loaded?" comes up again and again, and I don't know of a solution. (Yes, what
you describe should work, but be very wary of performance implications.) Also,
IIRC there is a "high water mark" program name of some sort somewhere in SMF
30, so that potentially gives you two load module names in "vanilla" SMF 30.

There is also the Year 2038 issue for (uncorrected) UNIX programs.

Charles.