It's interesting you mentioned /tmp. That's what started this entire exercise.
We migrated our /tmp filesystem from a ZFS to TFS and ran into a problem with
our scheduling product. Turned out that it's documented that the product
doesn't support TFS event triggering. So if batch job put a file in /tmp when
it was a ZFS the scheduling product would see it and kick off a job.

Once we migrated /tmp to a TFS, the triggering didn't occur. Trying to simulate
that behavior with a ZFS file system.

Mark Jacobs

Sent from ProtonMail, Swiss-based encrypted email.

GPG Public Key -
https://api.protonmail.ch/pks/lookup?op=get&search=markjac...@protonmail.com