I don't know any Cobol syntax that would change the DDNAME in a DCB, but you
could call an assembler routine to change the DDNAME before OPEN. Why would you
want to do that?

I'm a bit baffled. In z/OS and its ancestors, the data set name isn't
determined until runtime, via JCL.

Perhaps if you describe the problem you are trying to solve.

--
Tom Marchant