Yeah, the File Manager solution is slick, but the end state won't be running on
z/OS.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of Sri
h Kolusu
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2023 3:35 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: COBOL to dynamic DD name

>> Now we're trying to replace the File Manager step. If it was possible to do
>> this in z/OS COBOL we could use it, but it isn't worth a large effort
>> because it would be an interim solution anyway.

Michael,

Not sure as to why you want to replace file manager step with a COBOL program,
but DFSORT can easily be used to fulfil the requirement. Let me know the DCB
properties(LRECL, RECFM) of the input file and I can show you way to split the
records into multiple files.

Thanks,
Kolusu
DFSORT Development