If they have something in TAPETOOLS, they hide it well.
I can find nothing anywhere that allows me to send the 'super secret' override
to change a tape from private category to scratch with the hopes of being able
to EJECT them from the entire VTS grid.

The IBM 'Nanny state'  does not allow for a 'Do what I tell you' override of
tape data.

Everything I find assumes that changes to scratch are done with RELEASE actions
from within DFSMSrmm.      My RMM system was purged of all this information
years ago.

RMM is currently bipolar.   It will not take AV commands to add tapes because
they are already there.   At the same time, no reports, queries or ISPF
interfaces can show these tapes.

I feel this is going to be a long process for me thanks to Big Brother IBM.