> On Monday, July 31, 2023 at 08:29:07 AM PDT, Radoslaw Skorupka wrote:

> Regarding automount feature: IMHO it is less than useless.

While there is truth to what you say about automount, there are uses where
people find it useful because it provides features that some customers need.
Most notably, everything in a filesystem is randomly placed within that
filesystem without any controls. Ask a z/OS storage admin if he could tolerate
the same situation where all z/OS datasets are placed randomly (no SMS nor disk
esoterics).

    On Monday, July 31, 2023 at 08:29:07 AM PDT, Radoslaw Skorupka