On 5/8/2013 7:33 AM, Gerhard Postpischil wrote:
On 5/8/2013 8:37 AM, Walt Farrell wrote:
I'm not sure why Gerhard thinks that is a security problem, gil. But
certainy if users push jobs through the INTRDR directly (as opposed
to via TSO/E SUBMIT or ISPF SUB) then you can't depend on any
restrictions imposed by IKJEFF10; you would have to use JES or SMF
exits.

I never said that I consider it a security problem, only that I installed software at sites that did. No idea what their auditors or management are concerned about.

They might have simply put their 'control's in the wrong exits (TSO) and were too lazy to refit them into the (JES and SMF) exits where they belonged.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc