Does that work? In the past when I created a self-signed cert (for Apache on Linux), adding it to the trusted certs didn't work (at least in Chrome). I still got the evil warnings. I ended up creating my own CA, used that to sign the web cert, and then copied the CA to the trusted certs in Chrome. Then I gave out the CA to the folks I work with who needed to access the web page, and they did the same. That was easy and cheap for a small group of known users.