Here are my notes: https://www.mildredbrennan.com/mvs/pdx.html

On 9/29/2023 9:26 PM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
On Fri, 29 Sep 2023 22:07:33 -0400, Bob Bridges wrote:

CA has taken to combining all their various TSS manuals into one gigantic PDF;
no more individual manuals for installation, the admins, the CFILE, reporting
and trouble-shooting, messages and so on, they're all just chapters in one PDF.
 I dislike it, but I don't see that I have any option but to get used to it.

The undesirable other extreme is as IBM did in splitting the Assembler Callable
Services
simply by alphabetic ranges.  Search, Index, and ToC become less useful.

So when you said you can't select individual manuals, I thought maybe IBM had taken up
the practice too.  But no, you said "set of PDF files", so I guess you found
them all in a single downloaded ZIP and cannot select individual PDFs to be downloaded
without everything else?

The page at <https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/3.1.0> shows some organization
into "shelves", but not what I'm used to.  I see no shelf for Unix System
Services
as formerly.

The 1GB .zip does have a .pdx.  I overlooked it earlier somehow.  It organizes
search results by relevance.  But some may find the Adobe Reader requirement
onerous.

But no index.htm[l].

And the collection expands into "zOS310-GA-Indexed-PDF-package-(2023-09-29)/".
I'm uncomfortable with using shell metacharacters in path names.