-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Allan Staller
Sent: Wednesday, November 8, 2023 09:31

A similar story at Hughes Aircraft up until the mid 90's. One (1) user
insisted on use of punched cards. This is in pre-ficon days.  Unfortunately,
the data center did not have the cojones to charge the user.  The day he
retired, the project was initiated to remove the keypunches and disconnect
the 2503(?) card/reader punch.

In those days, the limit on bus/tag cables was 200 ft (cumulative). IIRC,
that particular block multiplexer was running about 190 ft.  De-installing
the 2503 saved about 125 ft.