Bob Bridges wrote on 11/8/2023 6:56 AM:
Reminds me of an old tagline:

/* The more sophisticated the technology, the more vulnerable it is to
primitive attack. People often overlook the obvious.  -Dr Who, 1978 */

Long ago I was told why my shop didn't carpet the tape storage area.  Apparently some shop that did had a problem with unreadable tapes.  Eventually they figured out that all the unreadable tapes were on the bottom row of the tape storage.  And the outside cleaning people used a vacuum cleaner...