(This is not specific advice but a way of thinking about things.)

SQA can, of course, overflow into CSA - with no real harm done. Unless it
causes CSA to go short. (CSA can't overflow into SQA, of course.)

The above statements are true for both 24-bit and 31-bit.

1409K below the line, though, is pretty extreme - for 24 bit. If you made SQA
larger so that it only overflowed, say, by 100K there would be no wasted
virtual storage.

More importantly, check out the "free CSA" picture. You really don't want to
run out of that. For 24-bit you want a few hundred K free. (But to achieve that
might require losing 1MB of 24-bit private, which might not be consequence
free.)

For 31 bit I like to see at least 100MB free ECSA, preferably more. The reason
is because ECSA is - in my experience - more volatile.

Speaking of volatility, you need to plan defensively - as a problem can lead to
surge in SQA and CSA usage .

Final point: I would advocate using SMF 78-2 to build a picture of common
storage usage - and how variable it is. Here is a blog post I wrote on the
matter:

htt ps://mainframeperformancetopics.com/2020/01/05/how-i-look-at-virtual-storage

(Take out the space to follow the URL - as my mail client turned it into an
attachment.) 😕

Cheers, Martin

Sent from my iPad

> On 26 Nov 2023, at 05:40, Peter <dbajava...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> I am able to see the below alert condition under RMF postprocessor III
>

> Name Reason Critical val. Possible cause or action
>
> *STOR TSQAO > 0 1409K bytes SQA overflow into CSA 1409K.
>

> Our SQA and CSA set up in our IEASYSxx is as below
>

> CSA=(2000,300000)
>

> SQA=(16,192)
>

> Hardware: z14
> LPAR : 16gb memory
> zOS 2.4
>
> Do I have think about tunning the SQA parameter ?
>
> Regards
> Peter

Unless otherwise stated above:

IBM United Kingdom Limited