z/OS TCP/IP is not my area of expertise.  I would check to insure the ITRACE
and PKTTRACE are turned off, and take a look at

TCPCONFIG TCPMAXRCVBUFRSIZE
          TCPRCVBUFRSIZE
          TCPSENDBFRSIZE

And, another possibility

D TCPIP,tcpipname,NETSTAT,DEV

Look for CHECKSUMOFFLOAD YES

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

On Thursday, March 28th, 2024 at 8:30 AM, Jousma, David
<000001a0403c5dc1-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> All,
>
> Grasping at straws here, IBM support center is baffled too.
>
> To clone z/OS maintenance to various disconnected sysplex’s I do a DFDSS
> dump, and FTP it everywhere it needs to be. Its roughly a 50Gb file transfer.
> There is some environmental issue causing slow file transfers to some systems
> (40mb’s a sec) and fast file transfers (150Mb/sec) to other systems on the
> same CEC. With IBM support help, we’ve narrowed down the problem to the
> specification of MODE B and EBCDIC on the transfer since it is a DSS dump.
> Remove those, and the transfer is fast on the slow systems, and still fast on
> the fast systems. Obviously that isn’t a solution though.
>
> So, we are a GDPS shop. The oddity is that all the “fast” transfers are to
> the K systems(control systems), and all the “slow” transfers are to the
> traditional application systems. TEST, DEV, PROD makes no difference, nor
> does LPAR busy or not busy.
>
> It seems there is something configured differently on the “slow” systems that
> is affecting mode b, ebcdic file transfers, but for the life of me, I cannot
> put my finger on what, nor can the support center, except that the issue is
> at the remote end, in that the OS cannot offload the data fast enough, so
> TCPIP/FTP is slowing the transfer pace.
>
> A virtual adult beverage of choice to the one that can point in a direction
> to look….
>

> Dave Jousma
> Vice President | Director, Technology Engineering
>

> This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
> privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you
> receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in
> any manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
> distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please
> reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was
> misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your
> assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.

  • Slo... Jousma, David
    • ... Colin Paice
      • ... Jousma, David
    • ... rpinion865
      • ... Jousma, David
    • ... Joe Monk
      • ... Jousma, David
        • ... Joe Monk
          • ... Jousma, David
            • ... Styles, Andy (CIO GS&S - Core Infrastructure & IT Operations )
              • ... Massimo Biancucci
                • ... Jousma, David
                • ... David Spiegel
                • ... Massimo Biancucci