In
<cae1xxdegehhtqobec5d5aa9ge-jc8cpfrpjqgdb1e-8qmbz...@mail.gmail.com>,
on 06/07/2013
   at 02:58 PM, John Gilmore <jwgli...@gmail.com> said:

>I suspect that you two will continue in your naif views, but let me
>try one more time, taking first Mr Gilmartin and then Dr Merrill.

It is quaint for one who engages in spelling flames to confuse a noun
with an adjective; it is even more quaint to accuse Dr. Merrill of
being a naif or of having naïve views in an area where he has so much
experience.

>Leap seconds correct for this precession, keeping UTC seasonally
>aligned,

Not even close; leap seconds restore alignment of the clock with the
Earth's rotation; it is leap days that restore seasonal alignment.
Neither has anything to do with precession.