LOGON/LOGOFF are one and the same TSO command.

Within the running TMP of a foreground TSO address space, LOGON will actually
terminate (ie. LOGOFF) that instance of the TMP (and address space) and queue
the LOGON command to create a new foreground TSO address space.

Batch address spaces aren't created via a LOGON system command.  LOGON/LOGOFF
is treated as "terminate" by the TMP.  Even if the LOGON were queued, the
online parts required to create a new foreground TSO address space do not exist
in the batch address space.

===