John McKown wrote:

>One that always makes me sweat is matching the contents inside ' marks, where
>a single ' is encoded as two ' marks next to each other within the outer '
>marks. The same matching contents within parentheses where subparameters
>within parentheses are permitted. E.g. 'This isn''t quite right!' or
>(a,b,(c,d),e).

Hmmm, now I got a memory check from your nasty remark! Bang! Reboot! ;-D

Curiousity question: years ago I asked that question to a professor, but got no
answer.
Question: Can you replace those two quotes (outer and inner) with something not
related to each other and then retry the parse?

Something like this: 'This isn~}t quite right!' just temporarily change for
parse.

Alternatively there are two types of quotes:
'  (single character with single mark)
"  (single character with double marks)

Can you alternate between them and do your reg parse?
Like this: "This isn''t quite right!"

(Note: One character left of The. Two characters between N an T. One character
next to exclamation character.)

Just curious if you don't mind please.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht