baby eklavya wrote:

>Scenario 1 : The current linklist set is LNKLST00 . We added a new dataset by
>copying to LNKLST01 and activated LNKLST01 . With SETPROG LNKLST,ACTIVATE
>,NAME=LNKLST01 command , LLA was automatically refreshed .
>I didnt have to issue F LLA,REFRESH ,instead it got refreshed automatically
>with SETPROG ACTIVATE command .Is this normal ?

Yes. As documented (Partial snippet):

"Use the SETPROG LNKLST command to:
  Activate a LNKLST set as the LNKLST concatenation for the system"

But if I were you, I would do F LLA,REFRESH anyways and also SETPROG
LNKLST,UPDATE,JOB=*

Of course I would insert SETPROG LNKLST,TEST,... for checking.

>Scenario 2: I removed a dataset from LNKLST00 , moved it to a different volume
>and added the same dataset back using LNKLST01 and activated LNKLST01 with the
>command SETPROG LNKLST,ACTIVATE,NAME=LNKLST01 .But this time , LLA didn't pick
>it up automatically .

If you do that stunt in that specific sequence + omitted steps as described,
I'm not that surprised. How did you 'removed a dataset from LNKLST00' in the
first place?

Did you UPDATE, REFRESH, etc and then after that, moved your dataset?

>I don't understand why LLA didn't pick up the dataset automatically in
>Scenario # 2 . Any thoughts on this ?

WAD. I think you should RTFM the book 'MVS System Commands' again.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht