To quibble: LLA is not "refreshed" on a LNKLST activate. But it is
"updated". LLA will still be providing directory information for users of
the old LNKLST (using the old information) as well as users of the new
LNKLST (using the updated information).

>Scenario 2: I removed a dataset from LNKLST00 , moved it to a different
>volume and added the same dataset back using LNKLST01 and activated
>LNKLST01 with the command SETPROG LNKLST,ACTIVATE,NAME=LNKLST01 .But this
>time , LLA didn't pick it up automatically

LLA does not understand uncataloged data sets. And if your LNKLST is built
with a data set that is not in the catalog that LLA uses you are asking
for trouble.
The system tries to alert you of such a situation.

But I don't fully grasp the scenario.

Unless LNKLST00 was first activated after IPL, if you activate LNKLST01,
LNKLST00 is still active. You can't add or remove a data set from an
active LNKLST set.
If you happened to remove the data set from LLA management via the REMOVE
statement of CSVLLAxx, that data set will not be added back in
automatically, honoring the removal that you requested for whatever
reason.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design