I think this would be resisted by IBM. There are too many basically
separate products which produce SMF records. Some even the same SMF record
number, such as 110 for CICS and DB2. But what we _might_ be able to
convince IBM to do is to create a Web bookshelf, similar to the "z/OS
Messages and Codes" bookshelf, which would contain a entry for every IBM
manual which documented the SMF record(s) produced by every IBM product
which produces those records. This would be much simpler than a single
manual. And it would be searchable just like the "Messages and Codes"
bookshelf is.

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 12:08 AM, Roger W. Suhr <suhr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd vote for both.  All IBM product SMF records type 0-200 should be
> documented in the SMF manual.
>
> Roger S.

This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. If this had been an
actual emergency, do you really think we'd stick around to tell you?

Maranatha! <><
John McKown