While I agree it would be nice to have more consumable data formats I
don't agree documentation isn't a major problem:

As someone who spends a lot of time with the raw data all sorts of
questions come up that the documentation doesn't address, mainly of
provenance and interpretation.

A concordance of SMF record mappings would be great, but detail would need
to be added to the current field descriptions. A large task, I'd say.

Cheers, Martin

Martin Packer,
zChampion, Principal Systems Investigator,
Worldwide Banking Center of Excellence, IBM

+44-7802-245-584

email: martin_pac...@uk.ibm.com

Twitter / Facebook IDs: MartinPacker
Blog: