Bernd wrote
>shortening the functions' names to 8, upper case characters, COBOL API, etc.

>I suggest you consider adding #pragma maps for the long function names;
>if you do this, you don't need to change nothing else.

The distribution to classic z/OS is PDS oriented and I was specifically asked
to continue that way (I may do parallel USS oriented distro).  Any fonction
that is a file, becomes a member... 8 characters, upper case, period.  If I
tell the users to use long, mixed case names, they may do it in COBOL with some
compile time parameters... if their sysprog allows them to do it (doubtful).
Those who want to do so, may call the internal functions by their long names.
For all others, I created an API module.
ZA