On 14/09/2013 8:59 PM, Ed Jaffe wrote:
On 9/14/2013 4:13 AM, David Crayford wrote:
Are z/OS FBA services new or are IBM releasing internal services that have been used by the likes of media manager for years?

All new.

The new IOSFBA service is not for managing fixed-block data sets on an ECKD device. Rather, IOSFBA is used to manage (allocate, unallocate) and perform I/O to (read, write) allocated fixed block architecture (FBA) devices.

Thanks! I followed the APAR links but couldn't find any detailed info. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.

What are the big winners wrt z/OS databases and middlware?